Using the registry editor to rename virtual domains. The default domain can be renamed directly from the MailSite console by right-clicking on the domain.
To rename a virtual domain via the registry, follow the instructions below:
Incorrectly editing the registry can damage the server, please be sure you know what you are doing
- Stop the MailSite services
- Close the MailSite console
- Open the registry editor
- select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rockliffe\Domains\ key
- Right click on domain you want to change and rename.
- Close the editor
- Open the MailSite console and verify the change. Restart the services.
- You may wish to add the renamed domain as a synonym (under domain properties) to the new domain to ensure you do not lose any email that is still addressed to the old domain name.
The virtual domain should now be renamed.
Please note that the above only applies to registry domains.
For SQL domains and database domains, you will have to rename the DOMAIN section under the DomainNames table.
Last revised 2008-7-15