How to re-activate AVG Updates
We have identified an issue with the updates we received from AVG which has lead to some installations failing to update properly. The following procedure explains how to resolve this.
To restart your AV definitions please follow the following procedure.
- Open the MailSite AVG definitions folder. Located at C:\Program Files (x86)\MailSite\Avg\ by default
- Delete the 'Updates' and 'Cache' Folders from this directory
- Open the 'Backup' folder in this directory
- Delete the 'dbindex.cpt' and 'MsAvgSdk.dll' files from the Backup directory
- Open the AVG settings from the Filtering section of the MailSite Console and click the 'Update now' button
The dialog will update from Downloading Updates to Absorbing updates. Once the process is complete your definition dates should read today's date.
need additional support please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)113 383
0125 (UK) or +1 408 879 5600(USA)
Last revised 2016-3-14